|Me and My Quiet Man|
Now, onto the meat for today - we're working through "heart change" - isn't that a perfect place to start? Brooke writes:
"The most foundational thing we can ask God for in the lives of our sons is heart change. The Word says that what's in the heart eventually comes out. Bad stuff in the heart? Bad stuff comes out. Good stuff in the heart? Good stuff comes out."
|The Little Lion Cub|
Today, pray for the heart change of your sons - that God's overwhelming presence would be manifest in their lives in such a way that Heart Change would be unavoidable. As you start working through the e-book and prayers on your own, I want to share four ideas from Brooke on how to organize your time through the topical prayers:
- Get up early and bathe your sons in prayer first thing in the morning
- Pray the prayers one at a time throughout the day
- Make the prayers a part of your family devotion time - you could even pray them out loud over your sons
- Spend time in concentrated prayer late at night, around bedtime
- Read the Introduction and section titled, "The Battle" (the story of Eli and his sons is so convicting there) in the e-book and work through any (or all) of the Study Questions that enhance your time in this challenge!
- Remember to let me know if you're having trouble getting a copy of the book.
- Pray through the 10 prayers on Heart Change.
- Take a moment and introduce yourself here in the comments on this post and let us know what kind of Warriors you have in your home?
- Invite any last minute friends/family members to join up with us and have them send me an email at allemccloskey(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll get them started