"It's day twenty-one. The LAST day of your prayer challenge. Are you a mixture of relieved and sad all at the same time? What an accomplishment! (What an amazing amount of work!) If you're finishing today you deserve a pat on the back! Think of all the work that has been done on behalf of your sons! Congrats mom! You might have noticed that there are actually twenty-two prayers in the Warrior Prayers eBook. I chose humility as our last day's topic because it is such an amazing posture of the heart. Scripture just seems to scream God's favor over those who are humble in heart.
Do you see that? A humble heart is required for salvation. Just as Jesus humbled Himself unto the cross, we must admit that we're sinners, admit that our own way isn't the right way, and humbly ask for forgiveness before salvation comes. Do you show humility before your sons? Do you always have to be right? Always have to win? Pray and ask the Lord for specific ways you can show humility today so that when the time comes, your sons will know how to show it too.
- James 4:10 says that if we're humble before the Lord, He will lift us up.
- 1 Peter 5:6 says that if we humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God, He will exalt us.
- Most importantly, in Psalm 149:4 we find that it is the humble who are adorned with salvation.
:: Assignment for Today ::
- Reading: The Power of Forgiveness (Study Questions0
- Prayer: Humility
- Comment: We've made it through the 21 days together! Take a moment to share your favorite part of the challenge - thank a friend in our group who has blessed you.